We are delighted to host Samantha Freebairn for a very interactive dining event at Grossi Group Venue – Merchant on Collins Street. Samantha is a highly skilled and driven women, a Wing Commander, Pilot for Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), World Economic Forum Global Leader, Telstra Business Woman, Gender Diversity and Inclusion Advocate, Mentor and Women’s Leadership Specialist and a busy Wife and Mother of two.
Our Daring to Lead Cultural Change event is born from Samantha’s first-hand experience in creating systemic change in the Royal Australian Air Force. Samanthas work has been globally recognised in 2016 by the prestigious World Economic Forum, where she was identified as a Young Global Leader, and Most influential global leaders under 40 years old; for her outstanding leadership drive and qualities. Further her entrepreneurial flair has also been recognised Across Australia by Telstra in 2014 by taking out the QLD Telstra Business Women Award for Business Innovation of the Air Force’s Graduate Pilot Scheme.
We hope you can join us;
DARING TO LEAD CULTURAL CHANGE
WEDNESDAY JUL 24, 2019
INTIMATE DINNER AT GUY GROSSI’S MERCHANT
495 COLLINS ST, MELBOURNE VIC 3000
TICKETS ARE SELLING FAST;
Samantha is one of the top Pilots in the World, hear her from this week speaking in China;
Earlier in Samantha’s career, she worked as a Air Force Pilot, flying both combat and on humanitarian relief missions. As a highly skilled pilot, Samantha was the first woman in Australia to instruct pilots in the C-17A simulator.
As a Gender Diversity and Inclusion Advocate, Samantha wrote the RAAF policy which enabled her and other women the ability to return to operational flying positions after having children.
Later Samantha was employed as the Operations Flight Commander for 36 Squadron and their fleet of eight C17 Globemaster aircraft.
In 2014, Samantha won the QLD Telstra Business Women’s Award in Business Innovation for her Graduate Pilot Scheme, which incentivises military aviation to women who had never previously considered it. Increase in Female pilot numbers had been stagnant for over 30 years, Samantha’s new initiative resulted in successfully doubling the number of Female pilots in the Air Force in a two-year period.
- 2016, World Economic Forum, Young Global Leader most influential global leaders under 40 years
- 2014 QLD Telstra Business Women’s Award winner, Business Innovation (Graduate Pilot Scheme)
- Wing Commander, Pilot, Royal Australian Air Force
- First Women in Australia to instruct pilots in the C-17A simulator
- Gender Diversity and Inclusion Advocate
- Currently the Deputy Director of the Australian Air Force Cadets aviation and Women’s Leadership Specialist
Samantha’s Education & Qualifications include;
- Bachelor of Science degree,
- Masters of Management in Leadership,
- Certified Workplace and Business Coach
- Graduate of Harvard University (John F. Kennedy School of Government) ‘Global Leadership and Public Policy for the 21st Century’ program.
- Operational C-130H Hercules Pilot
- C-17 Globemaster pilot
Today Samantha is a keynote speaker, the Deputy Director of the Australian Air Force Cadets aviation activities, Women’s Leadership Specialist and works and a Business Coach.