The Digital Women’s Network Charter
This document sets out the Charter for Digital Women’s Network, this is created and agreed to by everyone who becomes a member or purchases a ticket to an event or course as part of the Digital Women’s Network events and activities.
“To ensure Women are at the forefront of the Digital revolution.”
Our mission is “to help members and create a community of professionals who connect, share and learn in a structured, positive, and professional environment. Building networks of digital women, that can help to solve problems and find solutions, that enables the development of long-term, meaningful relationships with quality business professionals.”
Digital Women’s Network was started in 2016 with the aim to provide a space for women (men are welcome too) working, or interested in, Technology and Digital. With the intention to share, learn, network and further educate affordable events. We pride ourselves on finding inspirational speakers that add value and help individuals develop skills both personally and professionally.
Digital Women’s Network aims to work with organisations with aligning values and goals from charities, brands, businesses and individuals acting without bias and ethically at all times. Digital Women’s Network encourages compassion in all instances and does not tolerate xenophobia, discrimination or cruelty of any kind.
- To provide affordable events for those interested in Technology and Digital.
- To problem solve complex issues facing Women in Digital and our community.
- To create a supportive, caring and open minded community.
- To educate and create awareness of emerging techniques and technologies within business and across the Digital space.
- To encourage women to support their “sisters” in Digital, across career and professional development (and the wider community).
- Connect with like-minded people and engage in developing professional business and a mutually beneficial Networks
- with a No woman stands alone policy!- make everyone feel welcome..
All attendees must be 18 or older unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Membership is outlined on our website https://digitalwomensnetwork.com/memberships all attendees are expected to abide by the code of conduct at events.
Starting pricing for events is $45.00 AUD +GST and can go up depending upon the event -all subject to change
Ticket costs covers where possible light refreshments, nibbles/food, the venue, equipment hire, advertising and other administrative costs. One alcoholic beverage per person.
Code of Conduct
The code of conduct is required to be upheld by all event attendees, committee and board members. Any person who is intoxicated or disrespectful to others will be asked to leave. Digital Women’s Network is a professional networking group and will not tolerate anyone who does not conduct themselves in a courteous manner. Corporate or smart/casual attire is to be worn and it is encouraged that attendees bring business cards.
Networking Code of Ethics
Digital Women’s Network is a professional networking group and as such encourage honest and ethical values. All professional standards outlined in a formal code of conduct for any profession supersede these standards.
- To operate build goodwill and trust among members and their referrals.
- No direct business solicitation from attendee, members, committee or board for personal gain will be permitted.
- There are event platform ticketing registration fee. Fees may also be paid with VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, OR AMERICAN EXPRESS.
- Fees are nonrefundable, if no show on the evening
- Fees unders specific circumstances
Legal status of organisation
Digital Women’s Network is a registered private company and acts in accordance within the state and federal laws of Australia
ABN 67146816799 and is subject to GST
Governance & Responsibilities
Angela Mellak is responsible for the set up with Angela and leadership team responsible for the ongoing management and overseeing all activities relating to Digital Women’s Network including speakers, venues, budget, advertising, branding and the appointment of partners, members, volunteer committee members.
Founders are required to ensure the responsible service of alcohol at events and that the venue will provide public liability insurance of events. Leadership team must agree to the appointment of new partners and sponsors, operating with integrity and ensuring no conflicts of interest. As sponsors and partners increase governance must be reviewed and voting rights shared accordingly.
Angela Mellak of Digital White Space co-creator of all IP associated with assets of Digital Women’s Network website and all digital platforms, social media management and creative branding, campaign support, SEO, SEM, photography, video of Digital Women’s Network Brand.
WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IS HELD/COLLECTED GENERALLY
The personal information we collect generally includes:
– Your name, address, date of birth, contact details and other personal details
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect it in ways including:
– Completion of event attendance
– Through your access and use of our website
– During conversations between you and our committee members
- Via sponsorship
- Through you giving us your business card
- When an enquiry is made by telephone, mail, face to face, via our website
- When you provide your details to us at an event;
- When you enquire, apply or register with us with respect to attending an event, sponsoring or contributing to our forums.
- Any other collection of or incidental or directly or indirectly related to a service or product we may be able to provide to you.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING/HOLDING THE INFORMATION
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
To support the membership of the Network our events and services to you;
Responding to your enquiries and feedback regarding our business, our products and services;
Ensuring compliance with our statutory obligations.
For any further enquiries please contact us at;
+61 3 466619631 / [email protected]
3/530 Collins Street, Melbourne 3000
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED AND DISCLOSED GENERALLY
Sometimes we will ask you to consent to a disclosure or use of your personal information for a particular purpose. We may do so in writing or over the phone. Other times, your consent will be taken to be given, where you indicate to us that you wish to obtain information about any of the services that we provide. We do not and will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other company or organisation, without your prior consent, where that consent is required by law.
We also may disclose or use your personal information without your consent in the following circumstances:
- To our related sponsors and companies;
- To organisations which provide services to us;
- With your consent or where it is necessary to provide you with services
- Where required by Law; and
- To organisations which have requested us to provide services to you or who co-operate with us in offering products or services.
To lawyers or conveyancing companies to create documentation or contracts;
To the general public when advertising or marketing the Network including internet advertising or marketing, for the purposes of ticket sales and marketing of membership;
Disclosures to media organisations, on the internet, to potential buyers or to existing or potential clients, to property inspection consultants, to tradespeople, to bodies corporate, financial institutions including our financial services company, government and statutory bodies, legal representatives, accountants, business consultants and other third parties as required by law.
Disclosures to our third party consultants such as those consultants who from time to time may manage our database and/or computer system and/or who undertake the advertising and marketing on behalf of the entity known as Digital Women’s Network and its related companies and sponsors.
DIRECT MARKETING/INTERNET BASED ADVERTISING
You acknowledge that where we reasonably determine it to be appropriate, we may add some of your Personal Information including your name, address, phone numbers, facsimile number and email address to our databases or databases of our related companies. The databases will be used for ongoing marketing and sales related purposes or to advise you of the other services we can offer.
The type of marketing and sales activities that we undertake includes sending material to you so that you are kept updated in relation to various property related issues or other services that we can offer you. You always have the option to unsubscribe from any direct marketing communication you receive from us.
We reserve the right to remove any photos, comments or other material that is in any way inappropriate or offensive (in our opinion) from our Social Media Sites.
Digital Women’s Network stores your personal information using industry standards for security of information in order to safeguard it from misuse, disclosure, alteration or destruction. By using Digital Women’s Network Internet site you agree that the Internet is inherently insecure and can only use its best endeavours to secure your personal information.