Economic growth depends upon smashing the glass ceiling #3billionwomen!
Women can smash the ceiling with 3 billion women! Caitlin Iles (Cait), has been described by Australia’s former Prime Minister The Honorable Julia Gillard, as “an inspiring and powerful role model for women”, while Sir Richard Branson has called her “a game-changer and force to be reckoned with”.
She’s an entrepreneur with international experience (United Arab Emirates, USA & Europe) and as a venture capitalist and active angel investor; Cait has received pitches from hundreds of start-ups over the last couple of years. As a result, she knows what drives individuals and businesses to succeed or fail.
The stats consistently illustrate that women represent the most valuable talent in the world & are the key to unlocking a better world for all.
Caitlin Iles brought to Digital Women’s Network Melbourne Wednesday 19th July her insights into Female leadership. The Digital Women’s Network hosted 100 guests and Caitlin outlined the key takeaways of being resolute, undaunted and above all, supportive of one another in positions of leadership.
What was extraordinary is in-spite of having just lost her father a week ago, she was there, no less determined to inspire and strengthen others. Announcing her forthcoming new venture as a legacy to him, she is determined to empower and educate a generation of women to feel as capable with entrepreneurship as they do in so many other domains of their life through www.xchange.ventures by learning from the worlds best professionals.
Caitlin also announced her forthcoming new venture, boldly she wants to empower and educate a generation of Women to feel as capable with entrepreneurship as they do in so many other domains of their life. X Change (coming soon) with an announcement that Xchange ventures have a fund providing capital!
“What a privilege to hear Caitlin’s vision through the Digital Women’s Network Event and Angela Mellak”, commented John Carruthers (Leadership & behavior strategist)
Caitlin’s tips for women negotiating their salaries include;
“Leave all the emotion out of it! Present your request in a business case. Identify all the specific, measurable results you have delivered over the past 6 / 12 months & highlight how they have impacted & improved the overall performance of the company. If you can’t do this, then you may not deserve a pay rise just yet. In this case, speak with your manager, colleague, mentor & identify 3 ways you could add value. Use SMART goals to identify & measure these over a reasonable period of time (6 – 12 months). At the end of this period, request a conversation with the person that you report to. When you are confident of the value you add to your organisation, trust me, the fear associated with the conversation will disappear. I love talking money – you can learn to love it to. Take responsibility & control & “voila”, you will be asking for a pay rise like a pro.”
How can Women in the work place better support each other?
Cait’s top 3:
- Recognise that everyone can win!! There is enough room at the top for everyone so extend a hand rather & actively help other women up.
- Collaborate, don’t reinvent the wheel & work together, no matter how uncomfortable or foreign it seems. “Just Do It” as Nike would say.
- Celebrate & promote other women. One of the most effective tactics that will bring the glass ceiling to come smashing down is by increasing the number of female role models in all industries & verticals. When you are asked, “which entrepreneur / business leader do you admire most” answer by nominating a female. Find a woman who resonates with your values, interests, objectives – don’t just play it safe & say Richard Branson (sorry Richard).
Join the movement #3billionwomen
The Inconvenient Truth
- 4% of CEO’s of S&P 500 companies are women
- 6% of Prime Ministers or President’s are women
- 7% of tech founders are female
- Female founders receive <6% of VC funding
- Female participation in tech fell > 19% last year
- Women make up 52% of the population in Australia
- Dictate 66% of spend on products traditionally marketed to males (cars & computers)
- Control 85% of consumer spend
- Australia won’t meet 2030 ASX board target
THIS IS NOT A WARM & FUZZY DISCUSSION.
Cost? $TWENTY TRILLION
It’s a vital conversation about economic growth & sustainability.
WOMEN PRESENT THE GREATEST COMMERCIAL OPPORTUNITY OF OUR LIFETIME* & CAN MAKE THE MOST SIGNIFICANT IMPACT
- Reduce key risk factors facing our people & planet
- Reinvest 90% of their resources back into their families & community
WOMEN DELIVER HIGHER:
- 12% Revenue
- 35% ROI
- 64% Company valuation
Use fewer resources, more effectively & efficiently
SOLUTION #3BILLIONWOMEN XCHANGE VENTURES
Time to get bold and get moving ladies!
Here is the full event video
For anymore information on our up and coming events head to our website for more details. https://www.digitalwomensnetwork.com