Dare to lead cultural change
July 24, at 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
We are delighted to host Samantha Freebairn for a very interactive dining event. Samantha is Highly skilled and driven Samantha Freebairn is a Wing Commander, Pilot for Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), World Economic Forum Global Leader, Telstra Business Woman, Gender Diversity and Inclusion Advocate, Mentor and Women’s Leadership Specialist and a busy Wife and Mother of two.
- Women hold 13.7% of chair positions and 25.8% of directorships and represent 17.1% of CEOs and 30.5% of key management personnel (WGEA 2019).
- 35.2% of boards and governing bodies have no female directors. By contrast, only 0.9% had no male directors (WGEA 2018, Australia’s Gender Equality Scorecard).
- We need to open up discussions about Female leadership.
Our Daring to Lead Cultural Change event is born from Samantha’s first-hand experience in creating systemic change in the Royal Australian Air Force. Samantha’s work has been globally recognised in 2016 by the prestigious World Economic Forum, where she was identified as a Young Global Leader, “Most influential global leaders under 40 years” for her outstanding leadership drive and qualities. Further her entrepreneurial flair has also been recognised Across Australia by Telstra in 2014 by taking out the QLD Telstra Business Women’s Award for Business Innovation of the Air Force’s Graduate Pilot Scheme.
Samatha as a Women’s Leadership Specialist, Pilot, Keynote speaker and as a Business Coach who will be spending the night with us (over a delicious meal courtesy of Guy Grossi and his team at Merchant) we will be looking at;
- In-depth look at the challenges and opportunities across the professional cultural landscape.
- Discuss the definition of what leadership is and most Importantly what it means to you
- The various type of leadership style’s and how to apply a suitable leadership style that you will excel in
- How to Inspire Female leaders with a focus on understanding key attributes of a change maker and the importance of trials
- How do we encourage to change the cultural environment in which we work?
- How do we inspire “New ways” of working?
- Insights and practical tips “How to both tactically and as an influencer” lead the way for many Women
There will be some takeaway materials and an opportunity to win a 1:1 coaching session with Samantha and some wonderful door prizes.
Join us for DARING TO LEAD CULTURAL CHANGE, WITH SAMANTHA FREEBAIRN
WEDNESDAY JUL 24, 2019
INTIMATE DINNER AT GUY GROSSI’S MERCHANT
495 COLLINS ST, MELBOURNE VIC 3000
- 2016, World Economic Forum, Young Global Leader most influential global leaders under 40 years
- 2014 QLD Telstra Business Women’s Award winner, Business Innovation (Graduate Pilot Scheme)
- Wing Commander, Pilot, Royal Australian Air Force
- First Women in Australia to instruct pilots in the C-17A simulator
- Gender Diversity and Inclusion Advocate
- Currently the Deputy Director of the Australian Air Force Cadets aviation and Women’s Leadership Specialist
Samantha’s Education & Qualifications include;
- Bachelor of Science degree,
- Masters of Management in Leadership,
- Certified Workplace and Business Coach
- Graduate of Harvard University (John F. Kennedy School of Government) ‘Global Leadership and Public Policy for the 21st Century’ program.
- Operational C-130H Hercules Pilot
- C-17 Globemaster pilot
Today Samantha is a keynote speaker, the Deputy Director of the Australian Air Force Cadets aviation activities, Women’s Leadership Specialist and works and a Business Coach.