- This event has passed.
Dare to lead change
July 24, 2019, at 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
Join us for an Intimate Dinner at Grossi’s Merchant for an evening with Samantha Freebairn (Menu below)
DARING TO LEAD CULTURAL CHANGE, WITH SAMANTHA FREEBAIRN
WEDNESDAY JUL 24, 2019
INTIMATE DINNER AT GUY GROSSI’S MERCHANT
495 COLLINS ST, MELBOURNE VIC 3000
Samantha is a highly skilled and driven women, a Wing Commander, Pilot for Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), World Economic Forum Global Leader, Telstra Business Woman, Gender Diversity and Inclusion Advocate, Mentor and Women’s Leadership Specialist and a busy Wife and Mother of two.
Our Daring to Lead Cultural Change event is born from Samantha’s first-hand experience in creating systemic change in the Royal Australian Air Force.
Samantha’s work has been globally recognised in 2016 by the prestigious World Economic Forum, where she was identified as a Young Global Leader, “Most influential global leaders under 40 years” for her outstanding leadership drive and qualities.
Furthermore, her entrepreneurial flair has also been recognised Across Australia by Telstra in 2014 by taking out the QLD Telstra Business Women’s Award for Business Innovation of the Air Force’s Graduate Pilot Scheme.
Over a delicious meal courtesy of Guy Grossi and his team at Merchant) we will be looking at;
- In-depth look at the challenges and opportunities across the professional cultural landscape.
- Discuss the definition of what leadership is and most Importantly what it means to you
- The various type of leadership style’s and how to apply a suitable leadership style that you will excel in
- How to Inspire Female leaders with a focus on understanding key attributes of a change maker and the importance of trials
- How do we encourage to change the cultural environment in which we work?
- How do we inspire “New ways” of working?
- Insights and practical tips “How to both tactically and as an influencer” lead the way for many Women
There will be some takeaway materials and an opportunity to win a 1:1 coaching session with Samantha and some wonderful door prizes.
Canapés served with bubbles on arrival
Herb & Almond crusted Barramundi with Buckwheat Lentil Salad, Tomato & Saffron Broth
Braised Flinders Island Lamb Shoulder, Cannelloni Beans, White Wine, Herbs
A glass of wine and sides; Potatoes, Garlic, Rosemary and Mixed Leaves
Chestnut Flower Honey Panna Cotta with Pistachio, Honeycomb and Almond
Tiramisu, Grossi Classic
- Vegetarian options available, please speak with us regarding dietary requirements, we endeavour to accommodate all dietaries however we cannot guarantee that any products served will be free of allergens.
Samantha Freebairn bio
Earlier in Samantha’s career, she worked as a Air Force Pilot, flying both combat and on humanitarian relief missions. As a highly skilled pilot, Samantha was the first woman in Australia to instruct pilots in the C-17A simulator.
As a Gender Diversity and Inclusion Advocate, Samantha wrote the RAAF policy which enabled her and other women the ability to return to operational flying positions after having children.
Later Samantha was employed as the Operations Flight Commander for 36 Squadron and their fleet of eight C17 Globemaster aircraft.
In 2014, Samantha won the QLD Telstra Business Women’s Award in Business Innovation for her Graduate Pilot Scheme, which incentivises military aviation to women who had never previously considered it. Increase in Female pilot numbers had been stagnant for over 30 years, Samantha’s new initiative resulted in successfully doubling the number of Female pilots in the Air Force in a two-year period.
- 2016, World Economic Forum, Young Global Leader most influential global leaders under 40 years
- 2014 QLD Telstra Business Women’s Award winner, Business Innovation (Graduate Pilot Scheme)
- Wing Commander, Pilot, Royal Australian Air Force
- First Women in Australia to instruct pilots in the C-17A simulator
- Gender Diversity and Inclusion Advocate
- Currently the Deputy Director of the Australian Air Force Cadets aviation and Women’s Leadership Specialist
Samantha’s Education & Qualifications include;
- Bachelor of Science degree,
- Masters of Management in Leadership,
- Certified Workplace and Business Coach
- Graduate of Harvard University (John F. Kennedy School of Government) ‘Global Leadership and Public Policy for the 21st Century’ program.
- Operational C-130H Hercules Pilot
- C-17 Globemaster pilot
Today Samantha is a keynote speaker, the Deputy Director of the Australian Air Force Cadets aviation activities, Women’s Leadership Specialist and works and a Business Coach.